Hello, Dear Reader, and welcome to my little corner of the Internet.
Life’s circumstances, and my learned reactions to them, have shaped my perspective of life, of relationships, and of myself into a teensy, yet powerful little box called Codependency. After a bit of digging, I seem to qualify on a number of checkboxes.
While I am always happy to help others in any way I can, or just provide a smile to help brighten someone’s moment, I seem to take these concepts to the point of neglecting my own well-being, health, and happiness.
Today, I am fighting for the chance to regain my full physical abilities. I have neglected my physical health to the point that I almost completely sacrificed my ability to walk. We are working on that – me, my husband, my doctors.
I and my Heart will always have the ambition and love for our neighbor to be a respectful, respectable, and compassionate neighbor back to them. But I can’t fully Be these things if I am unable to help myself.
My purpose here is to undertake a journey. Along my journey, I want to:
- Learn what Codependency is.
- Learn how Codependency impacts my life, and the lives of those around me.
- Learn to reduce or eliminate my Codependency symptoms.
During my process of learning, I will provide links to professional sites that deal with codependency, self-esteem, abuse, addiction, and other issues that relate to Codependency.
But that isn’t all.
- Have fun. (I can’t believe they let me have my own website!)
- Learn something new about all kinds of things.
- Relearn something old that I forgot along the way.
- Learn to speak publicly. (Just kidding. I’m lucky to have passed my Public Speaking class in college with a C. I think that was a mercy grade. Thank you.)
Along the way I would like to have some fun, and I invite you to join me.
I’m not always going to [want to] talk about Codependency. I might want to talk about fun things like painting or photography, food, the people I love, my pets/children, books, music, or aliens to name a just a few.
I might talk about some not-so-fun things. Like losing a friend, or cancer, or other stuff that is sad and unfair and unjust that we all just want to hide in a box and stuff in the back of the closet so we don’t have to be reminded…
I would like you to stick around for all of it, good or bad or indifferent. Like friends do for each other.
I welcome you to look around. This is my personalized little home, and I would like you to feel comfortable being here.
- You can read a little about me on my About Me page.
- I try to contribute to my Blog – Living Codependent at least once a week. Check back, I will be writing on a variety of topics, and I appreciate your comments, feedback, critique, support, or just a simple “Hello” to let me know you’re out there and reading.
- I am in the process of assembling a photo gallery of my paintings. It isn’t complete yet, but you can see about 20 of my paintings in my Art Gallery. To be honest, the page is still in Draft mode, and not linked from anywhere else but right here – you will be getting a little sneak peek into a secret page!
- If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me via my Contact Me page. Or, leave a comment on any of my various pages. I would love to hear from you!
Thank you for visiting my site, and thank you for reading!
With warm regards,